ARMY SAILING ASSOCIATION (ASA)
ARMY SAILING ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEMBERS MEETING AT THE ARMY OFFSHORE SAILING CENTRE – WED 21 MAR 18
1. The Army Sailing Association (ASA) Annual Members Meeting (AMM) will take place on Wed 21 Mar 18 at the Army Offshore Sailing Centre (AOSC), Fort Blockhouse, Gosport. The meeting will be chaired by the ASA Commodore, Maj Gen J F P Swift OBE.
2. This meeting is a forum for the ASA membership and for those who are members of affiliated and local clubs to be able to hear direct from the Flag Officers the previous season’s results and the Flag Officers’ plans for the future. The membership is invited to comment on the plans, decisions and ASA direction for the future. Support for the annual meeting is always appreciated by the Flag Officers who value feelings of the membership on sailing in the Army in general and the facilities that the ASA is able to make available to its members.
3. The attendance at the AMM is open to all members of the ASA including affiliated club members. The ASA Council looks forward to seeing you there. Those attending are asked to email email@example.com or call the ASA office by Mon 5 Mar 18 to confirm please. If travelling by car please also supply your vehicle registration number and type of vehicle for security purposes at the venue.
4. New members are always welcome as membership is the Association’s life blood. Current members are more than welcome to encourage new members or individuals considering joining to come to the meeting.
5. Those who wish to attend but are anticipating difficulties getting to the meeting are asked to call the ASA office and we will help where we can to tie in transport.
6. The meeting will hear reports from the ASA Rear Commodores of each discipline, JSASTC and the affiliated clubs. Short but interesting reports of no longer than 10 minutes each are required to be presented please. Reports are required at the ASA office by no later than Mon 5 Mar 18 and a copy of the reports will be placed in the AMM pack. Please request early if any electronic equipment is required to support your presentations such powerpoint or video playback. If you wish to make use of the equipment at the AOSC, any media must be with the CI AOSC by Mon 19 Mar 18. This can be emailed directly using the following address: 11X-ChiefInstr-AOSC@mod.uk.
7. Regional Sport Boards, affiliated and local club secretaries are asked to give the AMM the widest possible circulation. As requested in Para 3 indication of attendance is essential to give the secretary adequate notice for catering and refreshment arrangements however entry to the meeting will not be denied if no intention to attend is sent. Please also note there is no charge for lunch.
8. All those attending the meeting are asked to be in possession of either an MOD Form 90, driving licence or passport as Photo ID. As requested in Para 3 those driving to the AOSC are also requested to supply vehicle details when confirming attendance.
9. Timings. The AMM will follow the ASA Council meeting and will commence at 1100hrs. Coffee will be available prior to the meeting starting.
10. Dress. Dress for the meeting is jacket and tie, though a suit or a plain shirt and tie is also acceptable.
11. Refreshments. There will be coffee from 1000 hrs and lunch at 1315 hrs – 1400 hrs
12. Duty Travel. It is regretted that assisted travel for this meeting under the Army Sport Travel Authority is restricted to Council members and Flag Officers only.
13. On behalf of the Admiral, Commodore, ASA Council and ASA Flag Officers, thank you for supporting the ASA and we do hope you can make this year’s Annual Members Meeting.
B S Fowler
Army Sailing Association
Mackenzie Bldg, Room G23
Fox Lines, Queens Avenue
Hants GU11 2LB
ASA Secretary: Bernie Fowler
Tel: 01252 787091 Mil 94222 7091
Tel: 01252 787093 Mil: 94222 7093